Our Community-driven vision
We envision a community-driven support system for O&M/GDMI professionals that delivers a brighter future where:
Goals - over the next five years, we will have:
- We have enough time, resources, and educational opportunities to provide the quality services that our consumers need, deserve, and expect;
- We are widely recognized by name and respected for our profession;
- We have third-party funding within the health care system, sufficient funding within the vocational/rehabilitation/educational systems, and abundant additional sources of funding for our work;
- The number of qualified O&M and GDMI professionals has increased;
- University education programs are promoted, supported and funded; and,
- All O&M/GDMI professionals feel unified, confident, excited, and engaged, and seek to create new opportunities for our profession.
- Increased licensing or credentialing by government or other accrediting entities: O&M/GDMI professionals will have secured support or submitted legislation to obtain licensure/credentialing in at least 3 states.
- Increased and expanded funding streams for our work: We will have secured support or submitted legislation to incorporate O&M & GDMI services in Medicare, Medicaid, vocational/rehabilitation, educational, and private healthcare billing.
- Increased Recognition: O&M/GDMI Professionals will be valued by related professions, promoted by providers, have strong university programs, and have a solid body of evidenced-based research that, together, elevates validation and increases opportunities to serve.
The three action plans which were prioritized for achieving our goals were: